Should you optimize your website?
For some people, their company can be struggling and are in need of a dire way to promote and grow their business. Through the web, small or struggling businesses can increase their customer inflow and increase revenue. The Internet allows your business to be presented in front of billions of people. Having a low barrier to entry, anyone can promote themselves for their benefit. Promoting one’s business, however, is only half the battle, to garner customers, optimizing your website will be your genuine aid. By being able to optimize your site, your business will be at the forefront when consumers search on Google. To successfully optimize your website can be a daunting and strenuous task. It requires constant posting and reworking to make sure your content is optimized. Google analyzes your page and determines how well you deliver on your content. Based on their judgment they determine how you stack against the competition. To make your page stand out, these are crucial objectives you should follow:
Ways to optimize your website
1. Content: These are the titles, descriptions, and information that your website has.
2. Performance: How fast is your site. A page that loads faster is considered more optimized.
3. User experience: Does the site look presentable? Is it easy to navigate? Are you able to find what you wanted? Do people stay on your website or leave after seeing the home page.(Bounce Rate).
4. Know your keywords: Since you’re going to be targeting a particular consumer you want to have some keywords recycled throughout your site. This will help when Google screens your website so they can rank you based on these keywords. (Note: Overuse of keywords on your pages will hurt you in the long run.)
5. Optimize for multiple channels: Besides having a well-optimized website, you should also consider social platforms to help advertise your service. Sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn will help increase your exposure. Make sure to register as a business.
6. Domain name: If your company does plumbing in NY and your domain says plumbing in California how will you plan to attract your customers. Try to have a keyword that best relates to your business in the domain.
7. Mobile Optimization: Make sure your site is mobile-friendly, 67% of users browse the Internet on smartphones and tablets. By optimizing your site for mobile customers, they will be able to decipher your company and having a better understanding of your firm’s business.
In short, as a business owner, being able to promote through multiple channels will always be beneficial to your company and will help you increase your bottom line. Since you know your business model better than anyone else, make sure you convey to your potential clients what that is and how it benefits them. By being able to optimize your website, you can reach a vast audience and give yourself the edge on the competition.